Feb 27, 2024
Master of Science, Information Systems and Business Analytics, M.S. Locations
Park University’s Master of Science in Information Systems and Business Analytics will be the premier provider of graduate education in information systems and analytics.
Park University’s Master of Science in Information Systems and Business Analytics provides students with the technical, managerial, and strategic acumen necessary to leverage information technology and data to maintain a competitive advantage and improve operational outcomes.
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduates will be able to:
- Develop and maintain the information systems necessary to support the functional, operational, and strategic needs of domestic and multinational organizations.
- Determine the most efficient and effective methods of leading and managing the resources to support a firm’s information systems and technology.
- Evaluate technology alternatives to resolve complex problems in an information systems context while taking into consideration internal and external constraints and the ethical implications.
- Formulate a plan to effectively collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders (business, HIMS, and IT professionals) in order to achieve corporate or functional level goals and objectives.
- Establish an organization-wide information security risk management program designed to isolate significant internal and external threats while concurrently designing and implementing contingency, business continuity, and disaster recovery plans.
- Evaluate the usefulness of information technology to achieve a competitive advantage, efficient operations, and effective decision-making.
- Analyze large datasets for the purpose of uncovering hidden patterns, predicting future trajectories, and then using the resultant information to aid organizations in making well-informed operating, marketing, financing, and strategic decisions.
See Admissions Policies and Procedures for further details. The Master of Science in Information Systems and Business Analytics will require applicants to meet the same admissions requirements as any other Park University graduate program in business.
- A baccalaureate degree from an acceptable accredited college or university in the U.S. or from an acceptable accredited foreign institution of higher learning.
- Minimum of a 2.75 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale from all colleges and universities attended.
- Students with a cumulative grade point average below 2.75 may be considered for probationary admission. Submission of additional documentation may be required by the Program Director.
Admission to Park University’s Master of Science in Information Systems and Business Analytics program is open to graduates of all fields of undergraduate study.
This program is a participant of the Sequential Degree option.
Format of Courses
- Online: Students can meet all course requirements through an online format.
- Blended: All ground courses are offered using a blended delivery format. This means that each weekly class session includes a physical classroom as well as the online component. In this format, students are expected to complete assigned readings, review supplemental materials, and complete certain assignments prior to each class session. During the class sessions, the instructors will facilitate in-class activities that promote collaborative learning and provide opportunities to apply learned concepts. Blended courses are offered in Kansas City, MO.
- The MS in ISBA courses are offered in the 8-week accelerated format.
Required For: Master - 36 Hours, 3.0 GPA
The concentration in Business Analytics is designed to prepare the graduate student to use big data to revolutionize business operations, in much the same way as information and communication technologies (ICT) have changed corporate America. Students will learn to undertake big data projects intended to improve operational performance; strengthen managerial decision-making; predict demand and outcomes; and leverage the resultant information to gain a distinct competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Park University confers the Master of Music, Master of Public Administration, and Master of Science degrees at selected locations when a candidate has satisfied the following conditions:
- Completion of a minimum of 36 semester hours.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 for Park University courses.
- Satisfaction of all requirements for a major as outlined in this catalog.
- Completion of all earned credit with no more than 2 grades of C earned.
- Submission of an Application for Graduation.