Aug 14, 2022
Master of Education, Organizational Leadership and Adult Learning, M.E. Locations
The Master of Education in Organizational Leadership and Adult Learning is a progressive, multi-disciplinary program that introduces key concepts of adult learning and development in a variety of contexts. Graduates and participants in the program are qualified for a variety of careers such as training and development in organizations and the military, higher education and online learning, and community-based education. The program will:
- Provide a comprehensive, research-based understanding of human capacity building and competency development.
- Connect advanced candidates with challenges facing today’s organizations and prepare them to create innovative and effective learning solutions.
- Prepare advanced candidates to synthesize elements from adult learning theory, instructional design, emerging technology, and curriculum and program development and apply them to one’s current or planned professional setting.
Drawing on a range of disciplines (education, business, information technology), this program will prepare one for a career to apply knowledge and skills, which can be effectively used and developed on an individual, team and organizational level.
Unique Program Features
The M.Ed. in Organizational Leadership and Adult Learning program utilizes real-world experiences to connect learners with external stakeholders and organizations through project-and problem-based learning. One will work with faculty in a variety of adult educational settings, to develop transferable competencies highly sought after in organizational learning and development, consulting, higher education, the military, and other adult educational settings.
- Active Inquiry & Critical Thinking – Your decisions are based on supported learning and design theory, and the acquisition of new knowledge through extensive investigation viewed through the lens of critically reflective reasoning.
- Problem Solving – You will synthesize knowledge from diverse sources and contradictory points of view to solve complex and ambiguous learning, training, and development problems facing today’s organizations.
- Strategic Thinking – You will lead strategic change initiatives and develop learning strategies to help organizations develop and sustain competitive advantage.
- Professional Ethics and Moral Reasoning – Your actions are value-based under conditions of complexity and uncertainty.
- Interpersonal Leadership – You will build and utilize a set of communication and coaching skills that encourages the growth and professional development of individuals, and a positive climate that promotes effective learning in teams and organizations.
- Educational Technology Innovation – You will become a leader in utilizing emerging technologies, learning theory, and instructional design strategies to develop effective learning experiences and materials for a diverse set of adult learners in diverse organizational settings.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Advanced candidates with a GPA between 2.75 and 3.0 may be considered for admission after submitting a written Statement of Career Objectives and completing an interview with the Area Coordinator.
Requirements For: Master - 30 Hours, 3.0 GPA
Park University confers the Master of Education degrees upon successful completion of the following requirements:
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 for Park University courses.
- Satisfaction of all requirements for a major as outlined in this catalog.
- Completion of all earned credit with no more than 2 grades of C earned.
- Submission of an Application for Graduation.