Feb 26, 2024
Master of Education, Educational Leadership/Principalship, M.E. Locations
The Master of Education with an area of emphasis in educational administration is designed for educators desiring to work as a building-level administrator in a school setting. Completion of Park’s 30 credit hour program earns a Master of Education degree in Educational Leadership/Principalship. Certification as a principal is earned by the additional passing of current DESE state assessments. The program is offered in an 8-week online format. Full-time enrollment is one course per 8-week term. Full time enrollment during the academic year and one or two courses for two summers allows completion in two calendar years.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and a valid state teaching certificate (applicant must provide copy of certificate). Note: This must be completed before the completion of the first three credit hours
- School employment as a teacher is required in order to fulfill 300 hours of administrative field experience in the school setting.
- Students seeking Educational Leadership/Principalship must have three years’ teaching experience by the time they apply for state certification. DESE requires a Missouri state teaching certificate in order to apply for principal certification.
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Advanced candidates with a GPA between 2.75 and 3.0 may be considered for provisional admission.
- A felony background check and FBI fingerprint check must be completed and clearance received for admission.
Requirements For: Master - 30 Hours, 3.0 GPA
- Certification as a building-level administrator requires passing the current Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary (DESE) assessments.
Park University confers the Master of Education degrees upon successful completion of the following requirements:
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 for Park University courses.
- Satisfaction of all requirements for a major as outlined in this catalog.
- Completion of all earned credit with no more than 2 grades of C earned.
- Submission of an Application for Graduation.