2023-2024 University Catalog 
    Sep 27, 2023  
2023-2024 University Catalog

International Nonimmigrant Students

Qualifications for Admission 

  1. Application must be made online at parku.force.com/ApplicationPortal/ERx_Forms__Portal_Login

  2. Submit non-refundable application fee.
  3. Submit the following required documents:
    • Official transcript(s) from previously attended secondary and/or post-secondary institution(s)
    • Proof of English Language Proficiency
    • Statement of Finances
    • Affidavit of Support form
    • Colored copy of passport
    • If transferring to Park University from a school within the United States, the applicant must also submit the following:
      • copy of visa
      • I-94
      • I-20/DS-2019
      • Transfer-In Form 10

Mail all required documents to:
Office of International Students
Park University
Campus Box 3
8700 NW River Park Drive
Parkville, MO 64152-3795

The priority deadline to submit international applications for the Parkville Daytime Campus, from outside of the United States is October 1 for the spring semester and April 1 for the fall semester.

International Non-Immigrant Students applying for admission to Park University must present evidence of high school graduation to complete application to the institution and be reviewed for admission. The official transcript from the secondary institution from which the student graduated is the accepted form of evidence of graduation. One (1) of the following alternatives to the official secondary institution transcript may be submitted as evidence of high school graduation:

  • Official transcript(s) from a non-United States post-secondary institution(s)
  • Official transcript(s) from an acceptable accredited  post-secondary United States institution(s) from which the student has earned a minimum total of 24 credit hours

English Proficiency Requirements

Evidence of English language proficiency is required for admission to Park University. Applicants are exempt from providing evidence of English proficiency if one (1) of the following criteria apply:

  • The applicant is a U.S. citizen from one of the fifty U.S. states or Washington, D.C.
  • The applicant has permanent residency in one of the fifty US states or Washington, D.C.

If neither of those criteria applies, the applicant must provide evidence of English proficiency. Students may submit one (1) of the following as evidence of English proficiency:

  1. A minimum English test score exceeding one of the following:
Minimum Scores Undergraduate Graduate
TOEFL IBT/ Paper based 69/525 79/550
IELTS 6.0 6.5
ITEP 3.7 3.9
Duolingo 95 105


  1. Completion of an English as a Second Language program from either ELS (completion of Level 112 English for Academic Purposes Program) or The Language Company (Level 9).
  2. Completion of 24 non-ESL credit hours in residence at an acceptable accredited  United States institution.
  3. Diploma or degree from an acceptable accredited  United States institution.
  4. Diploma from a post-secondary educational institution where English is the principal language of instruction. In this instance, the applicant must provide evidence of at least three years of full-time enrollment in the diploma granting institution.
  5. SAT:
    • Prior to March 2016: Minimum composite score of 930 on the SAT (430 in Critical Reading and 440 in Math)
    • March 2016 & after: Minimum sub-score of 310 on the SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing.
  6. ACT: Minimum composite score of 19 on the ACT (18 in Critical Reading and 16 in Math).
  7. Proof of at least 3 years of academic coursework from a country/countries in which the official language is English. Please see listing of TOEFL/IELTS exempted countries below.

 TOEFL/IELTS Exempt Countries

Anguilla Micronesia
Antigua & Barbuda Montserrat
Australia Namibia
Bahamas New Zealand
Barboados Nigeria
Belize Palau
Bermuda Papua New Guinea
Botswana Philippines
Cameroon* Pitcairn
Canada* Sierra Leone
Cayman Island Singapore
Dominica South Africa
Fiji St. Helena
Gambia St. Kitts & Nevis
Ghana St. Lucia
Guyana St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Ireland Trinidad & Tobago
Jamaica Turks & Caicos Island
Kenya Uganda
Kiribati United Kingdom
Lesotho Virgin Islands, British
Liberia Zambia
Malawi Zimbabwe

*Students from Quebec and Francophone educational system may be required to submit proof of English language proficiency.

International Non-Immigrant Students applying for admission to Park University must present evidence of Financial Capacity, i.e. a bank statement. If you hold, or intend to seek, an F-1 Student visa, you must provide financial documentation that has been issued within the last 6 months, and the funds shown must be in liquid assets (readily accessible). Bank statements may be in the country of origin’s currency, but must be equal to the required U.S. Dollar amount. If a student is sponsored by the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM), the SACM Financial Guarantee must be addressed to Park University

International Non-Immigrant Students applying for admission to Park University must present an Affidavit of Support. The Affidavit of Support must verify the financial sponsor’s willingness to pay for tuition, registration fees, books, and living expenses (if applicable) for the duration of the student’s studies in the U.S.

Insurance for International Students

Enrollment in the Park University sponsored health insurance is mandatory for all F-1 visa holders and their dependents (F-2 visa holders). Government sponsored students whose sponsoring body provides health insurance coverage are exempted from purchasing sponsored insurance through Park University.

Undergraduate International Nonimmigrant Students

Park University has a distinguished group of 292 international students representing 51 countries. The Office of International Students (OIS) serves Park University’s international nonimmigrant student population from pre-admission through post-graduation. Newly arrived international students will attend a Check-In Session with OIS as well as an international student Orientation to provide education on visa regulations, help students acclimate to their new home, and assist with personal concerns such as culture shock. OIS provides ongoing social activities, individualized student advising, and continuous guidance regarding the Department of Homeland Security policies and benefits. The office also provides admission guidance for international nonimmigrant students

The Office of International Students advises one of the largest student clubs on campus, the World Student Union (WSU). Each month, WSU plans social activities for club members, which may include fundraisers, fun excursions in the city, community service projects. ISS sponsors various forums for students to share their culture — the Culture Hour, The Coming to America Series, International Education Week, Cultural Sharing Event, and more.

Contact Office of International Students:

Office Hours:
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST

Graduate International Nonimmigrant Students

Park University welcomes applications for admission from international non-immigrant students from all countries. As a graduate international non-immigrant student, you may apply for graduate study as a first-time graduate applicant or as a graduate transfer-in student. You are a transfer student if you have attended a college or university and have earned a bachelor’s degree and are earning credits towards a graduate degree. Most programs at Park University do not require the graduate standard examination such as GMAT.

New international students are required to pay all costs no later than the ‘confirmation date’ for each term. International students are ineligible for payment plans. All Park University students who fail to pay their tuition and fees prior to the confirmation date will be dropped from all courses for non-payment.

All international non-immigrant applicants must have all required documents, application fee, financial documents, and meet all admission requirements in order for the Office of International Education (IE) to recommend your application for admission into a graduate program. Once a decision is made, Graduate admissions will notify IE office to process the acceptance or denial decision. If you are admitted for graduate study, IE will issue your Form I-20.

Questions regarding Form I-20 and visa issues should be directed to the IE at (816) 584-6820 or international@park.edu. Should you have any questions regarding academic admission requirements, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at (816) 559-5625 or gradadmissions@park.edu.

International Graduate Admission: Change of Program/Major

Graduate students studying in the U.S. on an F-1 visa are expected to complete a minimum of one term of enrollment in the academic program to which they were admitted and for which the I-20 was issued. Graduate students who wish to change programs of study after arrival in the U.S. (whether to a different graduate program or an undergraduate program) may pursue a different program for a subsequent term, provided the student submits a new application and is admitted. Graduate students who have not yet arrived in the U.S. may apply to a different program. Admission to other academic programs is not guaranteed, and the start term may be contingent upon program requirements.